My name is Nathania, or lavenderpeace as some people in the world may know me as. I am finally in university, studying Nutritional and Nutraceutical Sciences.
Living a comfortable life full with high and low times, and despite it all I love it.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Well. Recently, on the 17th I went to go volunteer at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Torch Relay with Unionville Youth Council. It was so cold, but it was so much fun! Handing out hot chocolates, and becoming a chain of sweatshop labour slaves making many olympic torches out of paper for the Olympic torch craft. It was cute, because many people wanted one as a souvenir. On top of that, Coca-Cola was giving out cool coke bottles. We took many, but without a bag of some sort, it is difficult to find a way to transport so many back home on the bus without looking a bit skeptical.
After we all finished surviving 5 hours of intense cold + fun, I went home. On the way, I realized that I felt a bit odd, and my feet were so cold that I had difficulty walking properly. So I ended up shuffling my feet all the way to the bus stop. By the time I arrived home, I was still cold, my feet were defrosting and I felt lightheaded which I assumed was because I didn't really sit down. I went to school, went to Reach for the Top then realized that the lightheadedness was not going away, and it was quickly turning into a headache. Tom and I walked away for a while, and then he put his hand on my forehead then said "Nat, you're burning up a bit". I don't know why, but that sentence made me cry. Perhaps it was because I was worrying and stressing so much, and now having known I have fallen ill is not great on a day that is very stressful. Even my parents agreed and I started taking my temperature. I went from a 37.5 to a 38.6 by the end of the day.
So for the entire day, I was literally going around having nothing to do. I watched Gossip Girl, I tried sleeping but I could not because my cell phone kept ringing for the notifications of text messages received or incoming phone calls. I woke up at 6:58am though, and I was just bored so I went onto the laptop. Afterwards I went to school to drop of gifts that I was supposed to give but I kept forgetting to bring to school. Despite getting sleep and everything else, I chose not to take medication. I went to about 39.7 degrees before I gave in and took 1 Advil pill. To be honest, that one Advil pill did me good. The fever has departed, but it still feels very cold.
I chose not to see Tom today, and I did not want many people to see me today either. At school, a few people did see me for I needed to give them the gifts, but I did not want Tom around because I was scared he would be too close to me and I would somehow be contagious and pass on the fever to him. After dinner when I found out I was fine, I went with my mom to the mall. On my way there I saw Ben and a girl walking. Except I am not so sure, but I think I did recognize Ben's jacket. Chris saw me, except I made it very awkward yet obvious that I would not like to be seen. I felt bad afterwards, because perhaps I should have said hi rather than motion and quickly move without any eye contact. And in the end, despite how hard I tried, I ended up seeing Tom. He was working, and my mom had the weirdest craving for a wildberry sundae. Did I mention its REALLY COLD?!
I cannot wait for this weekend. Going to attend Chris' baptism, Brenda's birthday celebration, seeing family members I haven't seen since summer, it is all so exciting! Unfortunately, I have not begun on my homework over the holidays. T.T It is time for me to sleep, for I am blogging way too late. Goodnight!
11:59 PM